Welcome to our vibrant, warm Children's Department. We pride ourselves on friendly service, fun programming and something for everyone.
HIP HIP Hooray!
It's Summer Reading Challenge time!
All summer programs sponsored by the Friends of the Lincoln Library Inc.
Storytimes and Recurring Programs
Wed, July 5 & Aug 2 11—11:45
July 5: Red, White, and Blue Storytime
Continue celebrating America's birthday with stories inspired by the colors of our flag. Fun for ages 6 and under. Drop in.
Aug 2: Fish and Chips Storytime
Fishy stories, songs, and a craft followed by a potato chip snack. Fun for ages 6 and under. Drop in.
Munchkin Mornings! Sat 11am, July 8, 15, 22 and 29
Families with young children are invited to listen to some stories, learn some songs and have juice, coffee and donuts. For ages 3-6 but all are welcome! Drop in.
We will have a very special Munchkin Morning on July 29. Author Sally Sanford and illustrator Ilse Plume will read their new picture book, Henry and the Huckleberries, written in honor of the Thoreau bicentennial. Books will be available for sale. Berry pie will be served!
Dance Parties: Flip Flop Hop!
July 12 and Aug 16 from 11-11:45
Join us for a beach themed dance parties. Families will groove to children's songs, oldies, and a few pop favorites. Fun for ages 6 and under. Drop in.
Movies and Muffins
July 21: "Drive In" Movie 10:30 - 12:00
Children will make their "cars" out of boxes and then watch a film in their cars. Car-making supplies, muffins, and juice provided. Ages 3+ Sign-up required.
Aug 11: Mo Willems Film Festival 10:30 - 11:00
Short films based on beloved Mo Willems stories. Ages 2+ Drop in
Summer Lego Club
Weds, July 5 and Aug 2 4-5PM
We provide the Legos, you provide the creativity! Ages 4 & up. Drop in.
Singalongs with Ed Morgan
Fridays at 10:30, July 7 and Aug 4
Singing and dancing for babies, toddlers & preschoolers. Drop in.
NEW! Drop-In Baby Playtime!
Thurs, July 13, July 27 & Aug 10 10 AM
This is a time for babies/toddlers and their parents and caregivers to gather for an hour of free play. Toys (and coffee!) will be provided by the library.
Tuesday, July 11th, 4-5 PM
Hampstead Players Presents: Beauty and the Beast!
A heartwarming and humorous rendition suggested for ages 4+, but all are welcome. Drop in!
Thurs, July 13th, 4-5:30 PM Diary of a Wimpy Kid Party!
Do you love Diary of a Wimpy Kid books? Come celebrate all things Wimpy with fun
activities, yummy treats, and trivia! Ages 8+. Sign up required.
Thursday, July 20th, 11AM- 12PM
Sing-Along with Nappy's Puppets
Join in the fun with shadow puppets and songs! All ages. Drop in.
Tuesday, July 25th, 11 AM-12 PM
Zoo New England!
Explore local critters and their habitats with some favorite live animals! All ages. Drop in.
Wednesday, July 26th, 7 – 8:30 PM
Family Bingo Night
Come one, come all for a fun night of BINGO! Prizes for all! All ages. Drop in.
Monday, July 31st, 7-8:30 PM
Interactive Mystery Night
Investigate crime scenes and test your detective skills in this interactive mystery program. For kids entering grades 4-6. Sign-up required.
Tuesday, August 1st, 10:30-11:30 AM
Jungle Jim's Superhero Training
Join Jungle Jim as he leads kids through the rigors of being a true superhero! Volunteers from the audience are transformed (with balloons of course!) into superheroes. All ages. Drop in.
Tuesday, August 8th, 11AM-12 PM
Rolie Polie Guacamole!
Winner of the Parents’ Choice® and NAPPA Awards, Rolie Polie Guacamole has developed a smart, family-friendly musical style. This is a rocking band playing music for kids of all ages! Drop in.
Wednesday, August 9th, 10AM-12 PM
Cereal Box Collage Workshop
Turn your junk into a modern pop art collage! This workshop is with NYC artist Michael Albert. For children ages 5+. Drop in.
Recurring Programs Throughout the Year
Sing-Along with Ed Morgan!
- Come join us the first Friday of every month at 3:30 pm for singing and dancing for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.No registration necessary.
Terrific Twos Storytime
Rock and Read Preschool Storytime
- A lively story program that combines books, music, and movement. Recommended for ages 3-5 but everyone is welcome. Drop in and be prepared to dance! Tuesdays at 11AM resuming Fall 2017
Kids Lego Club
Build and create structures. We provide the legos. You provide the creativity! For ages 4 and up. First Wed of the month, October through April. 4:00-5:00 Drop in.
Wednesday Afternoon Matinee
Family movies shown monthly the second Wednesday of every month from October through April at 2 PM. Movies will be recent releases on DVD. Drop in.
- For children in grades 2-3 & their parents
- Families receive one copy of the book to read together.
- Books available 2 weeks prior to meetings.
- From October - June, first Monday of the month from 6:00-6:45 PM
Books and Bites (4-6 Grade Book Group)
- For kids in grades 4-6 who like to read and want to talk about what they are reading! Books available two weeks prior to the meeting.
- No registration necessary.
- Snacks provided.
- October - May on Thursdays from 3:30—4:15.
Middle Grade Book Share
- Are you in 7th and 8th grade and wondering what to read next? Join the library's Book Share Group! Discover new books based on other kids’ recommendations and to share what you’ve been reading.
- Snacks provided.
- No registration necessary.
- Group will meet the last Monday of the month from Sept - May. No April session.
- If your child struggles with reading or is hesitant to read aloud, please bring him or her to the library and let Lexie help.
- Lexie is a member of Therapy Dog International and are trained to work as "Tail Waggin'" Tutors with children!
- They'll listen to your child read and help to develop their reading confidence.
- To make an appointment call the children's department at 781-259-8465
Funding for programs provided by the Friends of the Lincoln Library